The person that is right for this role will have the following:
- Experience with Italian GAAP and UK GAAP.
- Fluent in Italian.
- A good knowledge of general accounting and reporting processes, as well as experienced in accrual, prepaid, European VAT, balance sheet reconciliation.
- Advanced Excel skills
Controlling and reporting, compliance, tax, statutory, and multiple general accounting and reporting activities, along with a range of other financial reconciliation and control tasks as required within the team.
- Control and manage the accuracy of General Ledger for the assigned companies.
- Complete all relevant month-end financial close procedures including necessary accruals and prepayments activities.
- Prepare and be responsible for all necessary internal reporting required within Europe and to US head office.
- Facilities and restructuring accounting and control.
- Carry out relevant Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Hedging and Revaluation.
- Headcount reporting, control and forecasting support.
- Statutory accounting and corporation tax work.
- Statutory/Corporate reconciliations and European consolidation.
- Control and prepare VAT, Intrastat and Sales List Reporting, submission of Vat Returns and related compliance.
- Support and be involved with all audit work.
- Manage the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting, liaising with the accounts payable clerks and other business areas where required.
- Prepare any necessary variance analysis for all the above.
- Support other accountants within the team on a variety of tasks in order to meet the total needs of the finance department.
- Involvement with developing new/efficient processes/procedures within the accounting team.
- Provide support and assistance to the Accounting Manager on projects and ad-hoc tasks.
- Manage other staff where appropriate.