Accounts Receivable - Assistant Accountant
£25,000 - £30,000 (dependant on experience) + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
They are a growing investment bank with 200 employees providing a wide range of services to institutions and corporate clients including equity market making, equity research, corporate advisory, corporate finance and sales trading. They have a commercial culture but are also collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They now have an excellent newly created role to join the finance team of 8.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team
- Strong understanding of double entry
- Detail orientated and very well organised
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving
The Finance department covers a broad scope of financial planning, recording, controlling and reporting activities from transactional accounting through to the provision of analysis and forecasting for decision- making. The department supports senior management in exercising budgetary and financial control in pursuit of the company's strategic objectives. The Accounts Assistant is responsible for the organisation and maintenance of sales and purchase recordkeeping within the Finance department. Maintain proper processes and procedures relating to the role.
- Engage with the Investment Banking department to ensure timely issuing of fee
- Maintain records of client engagement letters once on-boarded.
- Issue quarterly retainer invoices and ensure the correct posting in the accounting
- Ensure all out-of-pocket expenses and client disbursements are recorded and keep a 12 month rolling
- Prepare weekly CSA trade files and
- Engage with CSA/RSA/RCA counterparties to resolve trade file discrepancies and agree the commission
- Record any invoices execution commission, client receipts and CSA/RSA/RCA receipts and payments in the accounting system, and notify any client money segregation
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on rechargeable (disbursements, out-of- pocket items, project balances, segregated client funds and outstanding debtors including aged balances).
- Resolve any open queries with clients or the Investment Banking
- Produce and distribute (by email or post) monthly client
- Chase or escalate overdue collections (by phone and email).
- Prepare National Statistics returns for capital expenditure and international
- Assist with quarterly group VAT return and EC sales