AML Compliance VP / Director
£130,000 - £135,000 + bonus + Benefits
The role sits within the London branch of the corporate banking arm of a global bank, who have a primary focus on lending, financing and treasury activities. They have a new senior level role within their independent Compliance function.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal & Compliance, the main responsibilities include the following:
- To support the MLRO as the focal point for the oversight of all activity relating to AML and the mitigation of other financial crime risks, including but not limited to bribery and corruption and financial sanctions.
- To work with the MLRO to design and implement AML and other policies and procedures, which enable the bank to comply with relevant legislation, regulation and guidance with respect to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing and other areas of financial crime.
- To work with the MLRO to enhance and coordinate the enterprise-wide financial crime risk assessment process.
- To monitor compliance with the bank's AML and other relevant financial crime risk management policies - this may include onboarding, screening and rolling review of clients, and the review of transaction monitoring and AML system alerts.
- To assist the MLRO in taking reasonable steps to establish and maintain adequate arrangements for awareness and training of staff who handle, or are managerially responsible for the handling of, transactions which may involve money laundering or other financial crime risks.
- To identify regulatory trends and developments relating to financial crime that may impact the bank's business and work with the MLRO to implement policy and control changes required.
- To obtain and use national and international findings regarding inadequacies concerning the approach to money laundering of individual countries, the risk of certain types of business or other relevant information.
- To assist the MLRO in making an annual report to the firm's senior management in relation to anti-money laundering and other financial crime matters.
- To assist the MLRO in the review and assessment of internal reports of suspicious activity from staff.
- To assist in responding promptly to any reasonable request for information made by any regulatory or law enforcement agency.
- To assist the bank Compliance in overseeing the steps taken by bank EMEA offices to comply with their AML obligations.
- You will partner with the investment banking and Bank Legal & Compliance colleagues to ensure that the combined team works closely together so that at all times all necessary legal and compliance services are provided to an acceptable and professional level, to both investment bank and Bank.
- You may be required to provide compliance support, including monitoring and advisory activities, in respect of the wider bank Legal & Compliance function.
- You will have responsibilities to the whole UK group under the dual hatting arrangement.
- Identifying any actual or potential conflict of interest between your obligations to, or the interests or needs of the investment bank and the Bank, and if possible resolving, and escalating such conflict to your management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in institutional investment business within corporate banking including knowledge of trade finance and lending.
- Very good experience in an anti- money laundering role
- Experience in providing advice to the business on a range of issues and planning and executing compliance monitoring reviews, including the identification and reporting of issues
- Excellent understanding of the FCA regime and financial services/ money laundering legislation and an ability to apply that knowledge.
- An understanding of operational controls within the overall internal control structure of securities companies/ investment banks.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively (written and oral) with stakeholders of differing levels of seniority.
- Ability to manage own time and meet deadlines, problem solve, innovate and support change and work independently and within a team.
- It is highly useful if in addition to corporate banking experience, exposure to a range of capital markets/ investment banking products and working knowledge of the types of products traded by investment banks and their features and risks.