£30000 - £37000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Support
Central London - Hybrid
The company is a highly successful fast expanding private investment firm investing across Europe, UK and USA via equity and debt structures in real estate and leisure businesses. They have over £12billion assets under management. They have a new position available due to further expansion of the finance team. Previous financial services or real estate experience is not necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Strong academic background and studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA). Study support will be provided.
* Minimum of 12 months professional accounting experience.
* Ambitious and motivated.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a growing, dynamic and high-performing team.
* IT skills - Excel & Word; knowledge of SAGE 200 is an advantage.
* Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills.
* Flexibility to provide support on new projects within the business as required.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills are essential. French is an advantage but not essential.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller, The role will be primarily focused on assisting and providing support on a variety of projects including European real estate assets and hospitality businesses. Key Responsibilities include:
* Support the production of monthly/quarterly management accounts and detailed reporting packages across the business and underlying investments, including:
- Purchase ledger and accounts payable management for projects,
- Preparation of payment runs for various entities,
- Weekly cash management & bank posting to the accounting system,
- Regular bank & balance sheet reconciliations.
* Maintain the internal reporting used to produce the management information.
* Assist with the cash forecasting process.
* Provide support with the preparation of monthly finance drawdown information as necessary.
* Assist with responses to JV partner queries.
* Liaise with the external auditors and handle audit queries, where necessary.
* Preparing and submitting monthly VAT returns, CIS Returns and other tax compliance.
* Maintenance of records and submitting filings with Companies House.
In addition, there will be frequent ad-hoc projects and other duties as required