Assistant Finance Manager
£42,000 - £52,000 + (Study Support if required) + Bonus + Benefits
Well established specialist lender who provides bespoke alternative funding options to businesses and offering a wide range of lending alternatives including cash flow finance, invoice finance, property finance and asset funding. They are an award winning company and are still expanding. They now have a newly created role available due to expansion and also growth of the finance department which comprises 6 people in the UK and 5 people overseas. They are looking for a talented and hard-working accountant to be part of the wider finance team and join a growth business. You will get a wide exposure to the finance function including financial and management accounting, reporting, budgeting and be mentored by an experienced reporting manager. Apart from reporting to external funders, you will assist with all aspects of the finance activities of the business.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
To to be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 - 4 years' experience within a finance function, from any industry background. A 2nd or 3rd jobber is ideal.
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard or AAT qualified. Part qualified / finalist Part Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or a newly qualified Accountant.
- Knowledge and understanding of management accounts
- PC literate and an expert user of Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint);
- Previous experience of using Sage accounts (preferable);
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, dedicated, driven, confident and relationship player.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
The role will see the successful individual play a key role within the finance team and report directly into the Fund and Portfolio Manager. They will be able to deal with a fast-paced workplace and able to both work autonomously and as part of a team. They will be exposed to all areas of the finance function to assist in maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the business. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Fund and Portfolio Manager with monthly and quarterly reporting to external stakeholders.
- Hands-on assistance in the production of month-end reports and financials.
- Assisting with cash flow and working capital requirements in the business.
- Assist with audits, annual budgeting and statutory accounts.
- Work with the Financial Controller on required month-end reporting processes.
- Liaise with auditors, banks and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of weekly reconciliations to assist with the monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Analysing monthly variances between expected and actual loan performances.
- Assisting with the financial analysis and management information for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with the treasury function, general banking activities including monthly reconciliations.
- Assist with purchase ledger, sales ledger and general ledger.
- Assist with FCA and ESMA regulatory filings.