They are a leading private equity and alternatives investment firm operating in the UK and Europe. They administer a number of alternative investment funds at various stages of development which are supported by them to ensure they operate efficiently, effectively and assist in maximising returns. They are a highly ambitious company with strong strategic expansion plans and are currently expanding fast. Their environment is collegiate, and their people are important to them. At this company you will get unique exposure, valuable experience, and continued opportunities for learning and development. They now have over 200 employees and more than over $100bn under management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- ACCA / ACA qualified (or equivalent) with relevant experience;
- Strong Technical knowledge of accounting, administration, corporate and funds legislation and regulations;
- Team player with positive and can do attitude.
- Intermediate to expert level user of Microsoft (Excel, Word and Power Point) and other accounting software.
- Line management experience with ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Proactive and responsive along with excellent communication skills - ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong collaborator with positive attitude
- Plan the allocation of team workloads and supervise the progress of work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversight of the administration and accounting client service deliverables for a portfolio of different funds and structures.
- Perform detailed review of administration and accounting outputs to high standard for issue to clients / investors / third parties.
- Proactive oversight and management of a team of administrators and accountants to ensure timely and high-quality deliverables and overall completeness of deliverables.
- Acting as an expert and senior point of contact for employees of the relevant stakeholders within the team portfolio to resolve any issues and ensure smooth running of the team.
- Provide necessary calculations (such as management fees, carried interest, solvency calculation, lease amortisation, fund model) to stakeholders.
- Prepare financial statements/management reporting template and set up complex bookkeeping.
- Maintain strong working client relationships in addition to attending client meetings to present deliverables and represent fund accounting.
- Assisting and liaising professionally with lawyers, auditors, and other Business Partners to effectively manage deliverables and expectations.
- Effectively manage the team and develop employees.