Business Compliance & Risk Officer
£110,000 - £120,000 + benefits and bonus
They are a highly regarded investment and wealth management firm that manages and advises on over £100bn of assets on behalf of private clients, institutions, family offices and intermediaries from the UK and overseas. With over 1000 employees in multi jurisdictions, they have a leading reputation within their fields of expertise. They now have a new role for an experienced compliance professional who has operational experience of working with an investment management business in all areas that impact risk and financial crime & regulatory compliance.
This senior level role reports to the Global COO for the Investment Management business. In this role, you will provide practical assistance, support and advice to the UK Investment Management business on compliance and risk related matters and assume full responsibility for interaction and liaising with Risk and Compliance departments where required. In addition, you will be involved with business strategic project-related work to help the COO and help drive the business forward.
In performing the role as 1L 'policy' defence, the Business Compliance & Risk Officer should:
- Liaise with a wide range of departments, as necessary, to consider the impacts of new relevant laws, regulations, and compliance and other risks which impact the business, and advise the Front Office accordingly. You will ensure policies, procedures and processes are up to date, properly drafted or amended and reviewed periodically for accuracy.
- Minimizing the risk to the business by ensuring that all regulatory tracking is up-to-date and managed effectively.
- Project manage identified issues through scalable, efficient and, where possible, systematised solutions with the help of colleagues and appropriate departments and change teams.
- Raise, monitor and maintain any Compliance and Internal Audit recommendations for the investment management business
- Provide guidance on the collation of CDD and Risk Assessments, undertaking risk screens and internet searches, review CDD and risk screens, make sure any new business submissions are completed accurately and in detail required.
- Act as approver and file signatory of normal risk accounts and ensure all nonstandard risk accounts are approved at a higher level.
- Attend different Risk, Compliance & Control committees on a regular and periodic basis ensuring reporting on all material AML and CFT matters. You will have to present work and analysis at these meetings and at Global Investment Management level.
- Provide system support and input on sanctions screening and prepare reports for management.
- Prepare Combined Risk Assessment and advise and recommend on any updates to Risk & Compliance
- Review existing product governance assessments of funds and models and take responsibility for all evaluations.
- Coordinate with Risk & Compliance and the Head of Client Management to provide initial and refresher training to RMs on risk and compliance matters. To act as the 1L of compliance defence for Relationship Managers and as their liaison with 2LOD, Risk and Compliance
- Produce timely management information including maintaining and developing Management Information (MI) for senior management, the Investment Management Executive Committee and Risk & Controls Committee.
- Provide MI to help with RFPs and other business initiatives.
- Project management on a range of Risk & Compliance projects to minimize risk to the business and assist with relevant strategic projects such as acquisition integrations as well as organic growth priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- It is essential to have compliance experience and a strong understanding and experience of the current regulatory environment and have close and regular interaction with all members and areas of the Investment Management department.
- It is essentail to be educated to degree level with excellent academics, 10 years plus experience in the Investment Management Industry including extensive private client investment management and risk & compliance experience. In depth knowledge of applicable Codes of Practice, AML/CFT legislation and regulations. Exposure to operational functions within previous roles. Comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory regime with a full understanding of the risk and process implications for an investment management business
- Flexible and able to multi-task, setting appropriate priorities and adhering to deadlines.
- Confidence to deliver practical compliance advice balancing risk management and commercial considerations.
- Strong analytical skills, risk identification and management.
- Excellent socal skills, good communication and influencing skills. Ability to liaise and collaborate with individuals at all levels.
- Proven experience of working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, across multiple jurisdictions and with complex products.
- Project management experience essential.
- Good IT skills (including Excel, word, powerpoint).