Business Development Manager
£55,000 - £65,000 + Highly Attractive Reward Structure + Benefits + Bonus
Remote or Hybrid or office based in London
They are one of the fastest growing discretionary fund management companies in the UK with an excellent track record of success. They work with financial intermediaries primarily in the UK but also overseas. They now have a new role within their rapidly expanding and highly successful propositions which focusses on sustainable and impact investments and offers both model portfolios on multiple platforms as well as bespoke portfolios. They are currently experiencing a massive inflow of funds. Apart from building on relationships further and managing further growth, they are looking for a confident book builder who will also develop new clients and relationships. The company has a collegiate culture as evidenced by its strong employee ownership. Your success will be well rewarded. The role is offered on a remote or hybrid basis or office based.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in business development within the financial services sector;
- Detailed knowledge of the key business drivers for IFAs and other third parties with special reference to Impact Investing (preferred not required);
- Proven track record of winning new business and delivering growth in revenue and profitability;
- Driven and self-motivated with a desire to win and exceed targets;
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and consistent quality output is essential;
- Demonstrate a hands on approach to driving new business and building strong relationships with prospective clients;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a need to be able to communicate effectively at all client levels, including the Executive level.
- Resilient, ambitious, proactive and a burning desire to succeed.
Reporting to the Head of Investment, you will be actively involved in helping to drive new revenue growth for the company. The role will involve working with the team to develop and execute sales strategies with IFAs and other third parties including networks & platforms. You will be integral to the success of the business and a key part of the Positive Impact Investing team. The successful candidate will be expected to research and identify new business opportunities while also building and maintaining a strong understanding of the company's products and competition in the industry and positioning. Your responsibilities will also include (but won't be limited to):
- Maintaining and expanding existing client relationships; build strong relationships with existing clients and keep in regular contact with them to ensure satisfaction;
- Capitalising on Central Investment Proposition positions and with Networks and Platforms;
- Building a good knowledge of existing clients, prospects and main intermediaries; including how they are structured, how they operate and their main due diligence capabilities;
- Identifying and cultivating prospects and generating new business leads;
- Lead client meetings from introductory stages through to investment;
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services; work alongside the team to develop and execute business strategies;
- Maintain internal Systems & Infrastructure; Maintain CRM system, build and maintain supporting and marketing documents.