Business Support Analyst - Sales & Research Divisions
£60,000 - £75,000 Dependant on experience + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing investment bank with 200 employees providing a wide range of services to institutions and corporate clients including equity market making, equity research, corporate advisory, corporate finance and sales trading. They have a commercial culture but are also highly collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They are now seeking to recruit an ambitious individual into a new role within the Business Management department to provide effective and efficient support to the Head of Business Management.
The Business Management department reports directly to the CFO and COO and provides crucial support to across the company such as strategic and tactical support to the business line managers, investigating feasibility of new initiatives, process improvements, helping to implement new initiatives, changes to BAU processes. This particular role provides effective and efficient support to the Heads of Research and Equities respectively.
The Role is a multi-disciplinary role covering all aspects of the company's business but is mainly focused on Sales & Research (circa 70% of the time), additional areas covered are corporate finance and trading from the initiation of a trade or transaction through to the settlement, reporting of that trade or transaction as well as the day to day operations of Firm, such as accounting, legal and regulatory analysis and advisory. Depending on the business line/area requirements, the role consists of working with differing departments on a variety of issues and projects, including developing and supporting new initiatives and business cases, management information, and operational processes. The role is expected to support the relevant department as necessary; examples of this may include the management of data for, and development and implementation of management information and key risk/ performance indicators, client agreement management, regulatory change, support and development of new products and initiatives. The role will require you to understand business processes and when problems arrive provide favourable solutions.
The role also requires the understanding of the regulatory environment, and values and abilities consistent with the FCA conduct rules.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Candidates are likely to be currently working in financial services, either in an in-house or advisory role, or external audit and a qualified Accountant, circa. 0 - 5 years PQE. Appropriate legal experience and/or CFA qualification will also be considered.
- Strong analytical approach and ability to understand quickly and deal flexibly with complex problem solving;
- Self-starter, who is comfortable with coordinating ad-hoc and competing requirements and deadlines;
- Comfortable in working in multi-disciplinary, changing environment;
- Consistent and high quality approach to output produced (presentations, written reports, financial analysis);
- Ability to think both at an operational and strategic level; and
- Ability to communicate with all levels.
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness, problem solving, technical expertise, analytical skills, creativity, good organisational skills and strategic thinking
- Exposure / experience of front office functions such as research and sales would be highly desirable but is not essential.