£90000 + bonus + benefits
The role sits within the London branch of the corporate banking arm of a global bank, who have a primary focus on lending, trade financing and treasury activities. They have a new senior level compliance monitoring role within their independent Compliance function which also dual hats with the investment banking side of the business.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
In order to be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Experience within an audit or consultancy practice or a Corporate / Investment Banking Compliance Department of a financial services regulator.
- Broad range of corporate banking experience including a basic understanding of types of corporate banking products traded and their features.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and executing compliance monitoring reviews to a high standard.
- Experience in providing advice to the business on a range of issues.
Understanding of UK / EU regulatory regime and an ability to apply that
- An understanding of operational controls within the overall internal control structure of corporate / investment banks.
- Familiarity with specific areas of regulation relevant to corporate banking
- Confidence and professionalism in dealings with business personnel and senior management.
Reporting to the Head of Monitoring within the Legal and Compliance department, you will have a key role in in performing desk and thematic monitoring reviews, with a focus on the banking businesses primarily within especially corporate banking, treasury and trade finance but possibly with also the capital markets area. You will work collaboratively within the Monitoring team, and the wider Compliance function to provide a compliance service to the business. You will demonstrate your strong knowledge and understanding of the regulations applicable to the Bank's business and the regulatory environment in which the Bank operates. In this role you will gain very good exposure to the banking business and business activities.
The role includes assisting in the development and delivery of the Department's thematic monitoring programme, including:
- Identification of key risks in relation to regulatory compliance and business activities;
- Development of the annual monitoring programme;
- Planning and conduct of individual reviews in accordance with the annual compliance plan;
- Documentation of work performed;
- Discussion of findings with business management and the Head of Legal & Compliance;
- Preparation of reports in respect of reviews
- You will monitor progress in respect of actioning of review findings;
- You will assist in the preparation of reports regarding the monitoring programme to the firm's executive and board committees;
You will need to maintain good working relationships with Compliance colleagues, business management and other control functions including the audit function.