£50000 - £70000 dependent on experience + Bonus + Benefits
Central London - Hybrid
Founded 15 years ago and headquartered in London, with assets under management of over £15bn, they are one of Europe's leading alternative asset investment platforms with offices globally. Due to further expansion, they now have a newly created role for a hardworking and flexible, open-minded minded accountant who is keen to learn to join their small London based finance team. The role will provide a wide exposure to the business and a plethora of different tasks and responsibilities and exposure to multiple workflows. Much of the operational accounting is outsourced to a third party UK accounts teams and overseas accounts teams. So much of this role will be oversight of their work and your communication ability and eye for detail will be key. You will also be involved in different projects such as a move from Sun, the current accounting package to Netsuite. So a strong interest in technology and automation is important as well as your ability to help improve processes and controls around the production of information provided by the outsourced team of accountants. In this role, you wont get bored as their is always something happening.
The Corporate Finance team looks after all of the entities in the Group. This covers reporting on key performance metrics to both internal and external stakeholders, statutory reporting and other financial information. The team currently consists of 5 qualified accountants based in London. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the month end management accounts process and oversight of the third party accounting teams based in London and overseas accounting teams.
- Dealing with weekly cash reconciliations with the third party accounting function.
- Producing group cash flows.
- Budgeting, forecasting and costs analysis.
- Contributing in the full consolidation of accounts of different entities
- Working with the auditors during both the interim and year end audit process.
- Monthly payroll co-ordination and reviews.
- Overseeing the AP function and helping with cost allocation around the group. (This could diminish over the next 12 months)
- Help with a transition from one accounting software to another.
- Internal reporting packs for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to improving processes and controls of all the above
- Other tasks on an ad hoc basis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The role will suit someone who is:
- A qualified accountant or part qualified finalist accountant from practice or industry. This role is about the skills, personality and mindset.
- Has experience managing multiple workflows and an eye for detail.
- A strong interest in technology and automation.
- Has a positive attitude towards tasks and is keen to learn.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of accounting.
- Able to improve processes and controls…..and wants to.
- An effective communicator across all levels within an organisation both written and verbal.
- Highly organised.
- Able to work in a small finance team but able to liaise with a wider outsourced finance team.
- Keen to learn and develop.
Financial services industry experience / exposure is not necessary but would be an advantage to understand a regulated environment.