£47,000 - £50,000 + 15% Pension + Benefits + Bonus
They are the fast expanding London banking business operation of a global banking group. They have a focused strength in retail, commercial, private and institutional banking as well as trade finance and treasury services. They have 150 employees and in the last 2 years have been undergoing development of systems, support structures in both the front and back office and infrastructure. They have also, despite the recent economic uncertainty, expanded their business. They have a new role, within their credit risk department for a credit analyst who has experience in ideally both credits of real estate transactions as well as corporates and bank / NBFI credit analysis. The main focus of the role is however on real estate credit analysis.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good university degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years credit analysis experience, primarily with various European counterparties and industry sectors, encompassing good knowledge of corporate credit and secondarily, Banks/FI experience and particularly Real Estate Lending.
- Experience gained of credit analysis within a bank or specialist lender
- Should have excel level Vlookup ideally and general excel knowledge.
- Financial modelling skills a plus
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk and joining a department of 6, the role includes the following:
- High quality and rigorous credit and financial analysis of both Residential & Commercial Real Estate related transactions.
- Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of primarily Residential & Commercial Real Estate Transactions; some Corporate & FI/Bank applications (from time to time) in support of new transactions & reviews.
- Recommendation of Real Estate transactions; assist with country limits, corporate and Banks/ FI limits and exposures from time to time.
- Other projects assigned by Head of Credit Risk from time to time.
- On occasions attend meetings with the business unit in connection with credit related cases
Supporting both the business development team and the London credit committee for:-
- New transactions
- Annual and periodic reviews
- Monitoring portfolio performance
- Assisting with the management of watch list and impaired credits
- Assisting with any New projects
- Taking Committee Minutes