Credit Risk Analyst
Location - London (Hybrid working 3 days in the office)
Salary up to £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are the fast-expanding London banking business operation of a global banking group. They have a focused strength in retail, commercial, private, and institutional banking. Due to internal progression within the team, they are looking for a proactive credit risk analyst to join their team of 10. You will be joining a banking group which specialises in providing industry-leading training and unparalleled investment within their staff. The role will be focused on new corporate lending proposals and credits of existing corporate loans and counterparties including syndicated parties.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, banking, finance, or related fields. (2.1 ideally)
- 3 years' experience in credit risk within banking or related finance roles.
- Strong Excel skills as you will be working with large amounts of financial data when making decisions regarding an applicant's loan request.
- Knowledge of credit scoring models and risk assessment techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have Excel level Vlookup ideally and general Excel knowledge.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, the role will include the following:
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of corporate customers applying for loans / other lines of credit.
- Review financial statements, credit history, and economic conditions to determine a potential borrower's likely ability to meet interest payment obligations and repay the loan.
- Analysing existing clients' payments and credit history to determine if credit lines should be extended, reduced, or closed.
- Structuring loan agreements including determining interest rates, repayment schedules, and any covenants or conditions a borrower must meet.
- Building and maintaining relationships with front office departments as well as loan documentation departments.
- Review and recommend changes to credit strategy based on company policy and industry practices.
- Provide credit memorandum reports to help the credit committee make well-informed decisions about whether to approve or decline credit applications and manage the overall credit risk exposure of the institution.
- Other projects are assigned by the Head of Credit Risk from time to time.
- On occasion attend meetings with the business unit in connection with credit-related cases
Please note the company will not provide sponsorship