Credit Risk Manager
£45,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits including free parking
Hampshire - Hybrid (4 days in office) - Close to major road and rail links
They are a growing specialist lender providing 3-5 year loans (ranging from £15,000 to £1 million) for asset finance and unsecured loans to UK SMEs across all industry types. They have a newly created role for a Credit Risk Manager, which has arisen due to expansion of the business. The role requires a person who is able to apply commercial judgement across a set of accounts or financials with reference to the industry sector and economic factors ensuring that the proposed borrower is not at substantial risk of default as well as using strong customer facing skills (usually via video but occasional travel) at Director level.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Commercial experience in a similar credit risk role (although not necessarily in credit or asset finance e.g. could be from leasing, invoice discounting / factoring, other business to business lending.
- Experience of interpreting and understanding both a set of accounts and customer's business models.
- Technical knowledge around credit risk analysis and the tools available for obtaining the necessary credit information.
- Basic understanding of different asset classes, their typical depreciation, ease of recovery and ease of resale.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a business to business environment and the ability to effectively interview, analyse the information received and, as a consequence, control the discussion.
- Display an appreciation, understanding and interest in how business and the economy in general works.
- Capable of planning own work to achieve objectives.
- Good IT systems skills are needed.
- Ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently will be expected.
- Expected to work in a methodical manner with limited supervision.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Credit, this is an excellent opportunity for a Credit Risk Manager to strengthen the existing team, who have responsibility for underwriting potential SME customers throughout the UK. Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in minimising the company's risk from lending money by careful assessment of the credit risk while adhering to the company's credit policy and underwriting parameters.
- Understanding different industries, assets, business models and reviewing financial information including company accounts, cashflow forecasts, bank statements and existing debt obligations of customers.
- Although this is an office based role and liaison is via telephone or online video meetings it maybe be necessary to visit potential customers on an ad-hoc basis where either the size of the transaction or the customer justifies it.
- Prepare concise but informative reports on potential customers recommending whether they are suitable for the requested borrowings.
- Liaise with customers and business introducers as necessary.