Cyber Security Governance Risk and Assurance Lead
£400 - £450 per day
South West - Remote
A large public sector organisation in the South West is looking for a Cyber Security Governance Risk and Assurance Lead to join them. The role will be for a minimum of 4 months with a high possibility of an extension.
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven experience in leading the development and implementation of cybersecurity policies and standards.
- Strong technical background in cybersecurity with a hands-on approach to policy implementation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of industry regulations, best practices, and emerging threats.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or equivalent are highly desirable.
- Policy Development and Implementation:
- Lead the development, implementation, and communication of comprehensive cyber security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Take a hands-on role in crafting policies that align with industry best practices (NIST CSF, NCSC CAF, CIS), legal requirements, and business needs.
- Establish and maintain a set of cyber security standards and guidance documents that provide clear direction for the implementation of security controls and measures.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business needs and integrate cyber security policies seamlessly into operational processes.
- Provide expert guidance to various departments, fostering a culture of security awareness and compliance.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging threats, and regulatory changes to continuously enhance and update cyber security policies and standards.
- Conduct regular assessments to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in our cybersecurity posture.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior risk managers in relation to developing robust cyber security policy sets.