£650 per day
South west England - Hybrid
A large council in the South West is looking for a Finance Manager to join them on an interim basis. The initial contract will be 2 months with the potential of extension. The successful candidate will manage a team of six including two accounting technicians.
Skills and Experience Required
- A qualified Accountant
- Have significant experience working at a senior level in Local Government.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, dedicated, driven, confident and relationship player.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Provide a comprehensive finance service with a specific emphasis on offering advice and analysis for revenue and capital monitoring.
- Contribute to the development of business cases to support informed decision-making.
- Undertake robust variance analysis, presenting evidence to support findings.
- Assist the service area in identifying opportunities, trends, efficiencies, and best practices to mitigate overspends.
- Demonstrate significant experience in budget preparation and monitoring, both for capital and revenue.
- Proficiently use computerised financial systems to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey financial information effectively.
- Build and maintain effective relationships at all levels within the organisation.
- Effectively manage both personal and team workload to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks.