£105,000 - £115,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They now have an opportunity for a qualified accountant with excellent knowledge across Financial, Management & Regulatory Reporting with strong management skills and strong taxation knowledge.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A qualified chartered accountant (FCCA,FCA,FCMA) with international banking experience of at least 8-10 years and having knowledge of relevant systems, accounting reporting framework, regulatory framework and taxation matters
- Sound knowledge and experience at Senior Management level in the financial control function of an International Bank
- A thorough knowledge of PRA regulations , regulatory reporting requirements and international accounting standards
- Very good management skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good systems/computer skills.
Reporting to the CFO and working with a small finance team you will provide regular financial reporting for the Bank in London complying with best accounting standards. You will fulfil the reporting requirements of the overseas Head Office and also assist with the setting of accounting standards for UK reporting; to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting returns for the FCA / PRA and overseas regulatory authority. Key duties and responsibilities include the following:
- To prepare the regular financial reporting of the London Bank, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. To include, amongst others, the daily profitability & balance sheet report all matters relating to financial control.
- Responsibility for all matters relating to taxation of the Bank
- Prepare Group Financial Reporting Pack for PLC for submission to Group Finance
- Prepare and submit all prudential regulatory returns for the PRA, FCA and BOE (COREP, FINREP and Statistical Returns)
- Prepare the Bank's annual budget
- Prepare the Bank's statutory accounts including small subsidiary companies
- To analyse and prepare the monthly commentaries on results for internal and Head Office uses comparing actual vs budget and prior year
- Responsibility for the preparation of the Bank's expected credit loss calculations as guided by IFRS 9
- To act as department advisor on systems developments.
- To respond to accounting requirements on general ledger package and related peripheral software, making recommendations as appropriate for improvement/development.
- To provide professional accounting advice to the operational departments within the Bank including taxation.
- To provide an efficient invoice processing and payments system for paying of the firms invoices.
- To provide input to consolidation of International Banking Group forecasts
- To ensure that accurate and prompt reports are made to all supervisory bodies and that full compliance is made with all supervisory and statistical requirements.
- To manage the overseas regulatory authority's regulatory changes, controlling the effects on the business.
- To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
- To prepare, in conjunction with Chief Financial Officer quarterly financial reports to the Board.
- Act as a Certified Person under the PRA and FCA's Senior Management and Certification Regime and abide by the requirements of such a person under the Certified Persons regime.
- Be a member of Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO), Executive Risk Committee (ERC) and Operational Risk Committee (ORC)