£60000 - £67000 + Bonus + Benefits
Central London - Hybrid
The company is a highly successful fast expanding private investment firm investing across Europe, UK and USA via equity and debt structures in real estate and leisure businesses. They have over £14 billion assets under management. They have a new role offering career development and opportunity. They are now seeking a newly or recently qualified accountant with up to 3 years PQE to take responsibility for the financial accounting and reporting for a number of the entities within the real estate portfolio. Previous financial services or real estate experience is not necessary to be considered.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you need to meet the following criteria:
* Strong academic background with a professional accounting qualification, up to 3 years PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
* Experience of group consolidation and preparation of audit papers to a high standard.
* Excellent technical knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS102 and ability to demonstrate staying up to date on changes in standards.
* Working knowledge of operating and finance lease accounting under FRS 102 is advantageous.
* Knowledge & experience of accounting for development projects or operational commercial assets preferable but not essential.
* Hands on approach with excellent attention to detail combined with strong IT, organisational and time management skills.
* Ambitious and motivated - both individually and for the team and the business as a whole.
* Able to demonstrate a proactive and flexible mindset and attitude.
* Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines as part of a growing, dynamic, and high-performing team.
* Experience of process improvements, taking onboard other stakeholders needs and input.
* Flexibility to manage new projects within the business as required.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills are essential to communicate proficiently throughout all business levels.
Reporting to a Senior Financial Controller, as part of the finance function you will be encouraged to think creatively to improve current systems and controls. You will have the opportunity to work both individually and as part of a team, driving development projects forward through each stage of the project lifecycle. Key responsibilities include:
* Production of monthly / quarterly management accounts at a project level including consolidated reporting, where necessary, and detailed reporting packs.
* Consolidation under FRS 102 and translation to US GAAP for group reporting where applicable.
* Cash management & forecasting, including managing processing of Accounts Payable and any funding requirements in a timely manner.
* Reporting on actual spend against budget/forecast.
* Preparing or reviewing all returns and data for all tax compliance (including VAT, CIS, Corporation Tax).
* Responsible for bank loan compliance reporting.
* Responsible for the group and statutory audit.
* Preparation of statutory annual financial statements within a strict timeframe.
* Ensuring full audit file support schedules are produced that support the financial statements.
* Liaise regularly with internal and external stakeholders.
* Respond to information requests and ad hoc queries from JV Partners where necessary.
* Management of day-to-day workflow of Assistant Accountant
In addition, there will be frequent ad-hoc projects and other duties as required.