£70000 - £85000 + benefits + bonus
Central London - Hybrid / Remote (maybe 0 - 1 day in London per week)
Our client is an exciting venture capital backed energy Fintech start up business which saves companies thousands of £s off their bottom line as well as providing them with revenue. It provides a benefit to the national economy whilst at the same time helping their customers achieve their net zero ambitions. The company has a proven and highly successful management team who have built businesses in the sector previously. The role they have now available will be interesting and varied and will provide opportunities for personal growth in the role as the business expands. Initially this will be a sole charge "hands on" role.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
You will be someone who can demonstrate that they are self-motivated and organised with an ability to think on their feet, prioritise and use their initiative. You will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant
- Have previous experience of working in a financial controller/similar position within a venture capital backed business (possibly another fintech, energy business, AI or technology business).
- Be highly numerate
- Have an interest in financial data analytics
- Have a thorough understanding of Xero and previous experience of using Xero.
- Have experience of setting up / refining charts of accounts
- Be a clear thinker and strong communicator as you will be working with a seasoned, entrepreneurial and dynamic business management team
- Be a capable multi-tasker with excellent organizational and logistical skills
- Be extremely focused and detail orientated
- Have excellent Excel Skills
Reporting to the CFO and liaising with the Board and management team, you will be given broad responsibilities spanning corporate accounting and financial reporting and this would be an excellent move for someone wanting to progress within a growing business. You will be assisting the company's CFO with the following:
- Refining the already set up Chart of Accounts on Xero
- Producing monthly accounts (including management of all ledgers)
- Setting up any reports needed in addition to refining existing reports
- Running financial reports and Budget preparation, setting and reporting on key financial metrics to drive commercial performance and margin delivery.
- Co-ordinate month end process & activities
- Monitoring, reviewing and management of overdues.
- Review current accounting processes and propose improvements
- When necessary, liaise with external audit teams and accountants and support with the year-end statutory obligations.
PLEASE NOTE THE COMPANY WILL NOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM