Financial Controller - AI
£70000 - £75000 + benefits + bonus
Central London - Hybrid
Our client is an exciting venture capital backed energy AI start up business, (now 2 years old) which saves companies thousands of £s off their bottom line as well as providing them with revenue. It provides a benefit to the national economy whilst at the same time helping their customers achieve their net zero ambitions. They have clients and partners such as the National Grid, Deutsche Bank and the Financial Times as well as other household names. The company has a proven and highly successful management team who have successfully built businesses in the sector previously. The role they have now available will be interesting and varied and will provide opportunities for personal growth in the role as the business expands. Initially this will be a sole charge "hands on" role.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
You will be someone who can demonstrate that they are self-motivated and organised with an ability to think on their feet, prioritise and use their initiative. You will:
● Be a Qualified Accountant - open to amount of post qualification experience
● Have previous experience of working in a financial controller or in a finance function where they produce both management, financial accounts, VAT filings /similar position from any industry.
● Be highly numerate
● Have an interest in financial data analytics
● Have an understanding of Xero or similar package
● Understand a chart of accounts and the ability to refine it
● Be a clear thinker and strong communicator as you will be working with a seasoned, entrepreneurial and dynamic business management team
● Be a capable multi-tasker with excellent organizational and logistical skills
● Be extremely focused and detail orientated
● Have excellent Excel Skills
Reporting to the CFO and liaising with the Board and management team, you will be given broad responsibilities spanning corporate accounting and financial reporting and this would be an excellent move for someone wanting to progress within a growing business. You will be assisting the company's CFO with the following:
Refining the already set up Chart of Accounts on Xero
Producing monthly accounts (including management of all ledgers)
Setting up any reports needed in addition to refining existing reports
Running financial reports and Budget preparation, setting and reporting on key financial metrics to drive commercial performance and margin delivery.
Co-ordinate month end process & activities
Monitoring, reviewing and management of overdues.
Review current accounting processes and propose improvements
When necessary, liaise with external audit teams and accountants and support with the year-end statutory obligations.
PLEASE NOTE THE COMPANY WILL NOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM