Financial Crime Officer
£40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities and property, commercial, HNW, institutional and sovereign lending. They now have a permanent role in the Financial Crime team and they are ideally seeking someone with experience in first and second line with in depth experience in second line and having had exposure to activities such as quality assurance, scenario selection and testing as well as transaction monitoring exposure.
Reporting to the MLRO/Deputy MLRO, you will assist the Financial Crime Department in its role as second line of defense by undertaking financial crime monitoring in accordance with the Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance Framework. Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct as advised 2LOD assurance testing as required by the Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance schedule.
- Maintain records of remediation requirements resulting from financial crime review audits and ensure action points are tracked with regards to delays/progress/completion
- Assist with the new staff induction process
- Maintain applicable financial crime registers
- Assist MLRO/Deputy MLRO with implementation or remediation work resulting from regulatory change
- Assist with monthly newsletter to the Bank detailing financial crime updates
- Clear sanctions alerts from Safewatch as escalated by the Operations team
- Clear database alerts raised by World Check
- Assist MLRO/Deputy MLRO with escalated file reviews/openings/blocks
- Assist with client/transactional investigations as required
- Act as Financial Crime liaison for all operational matters
- Assist with department admin.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you must fit the criteria:
- University degree with 3 years plus in financial crime related role.
- Experience with client due diligence, financial crime monitoring, control testing.
- Good working knowledge of Windows suite
- Ability to examine and evaluate regulatory rules & legislation
- Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team
- Good awareness of market developments
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A self-starter and keen team player
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Arabic speaker preferred