Financial Reporting & Tax Assistant Manager
£55000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
A growing SME London bank whose business is wholesale, corporate and private banking including corporate and private client lending as well as sovereign lending have a role within their finance team of 8. They have a strong multicultural collegiate culture and have a well-run finance function.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The role will suit a qualified accountant with strong Financial Reporting and taxation knowledge. You are a self-starter who can work with minimal guidance and who has a keen interest and motivation to learn and develop banking and system knowledge. Banking experience is preferred but will consider someone from other background that wants to make a move to banking industry and pick up new skills in the financial reporting and taxation. Sills needed are as follows:
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA)
- Financial and tax reporting experience gained within a financial services environment
- Fast learner and actively involved in daily
- Ability to work to tight
- Good communication and inter-personal
- Solid accounting and UK taxation
- Proven financial reporting experiences under
- Proven UK taxation reporting experiences, in banking industry
- Excellent Microsoft office skills including Excel, Word and PPT
This role takes the lead on producing the group financial reporting and associated returns and assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements with their senior manager. You will also take a lead role in the production of the quarterly VAT and annual corporation tax returns for the bank and its subsidiaries. There is an additional responsibility for regulatory reporting related to financial reporting and IFRS 9 (FINREP). The role preparation includes the following:
- Preparing the monthly Group Financial Reporting Pack for PLC and associated returns.
- Assisting in account preparation for the London bank and all London controlled subsidiaries.
- Assisting in the IFRS 9 analysis work.
- Assisting in preparation of annual statutory report for PLC, including preparation of disclosure notes for the annual reports.
- Assistance with annual account preparation for all London controlled
- Assisting in preparation of quarterly FINREP return to
- Assistance with other financial reporting related
- Preparing quarterly VAT return to HMRC under partial exemption
- Responsible for quarterly corporation tax installment
- Preparation of monthly corporation tax provision
- Assisting in checking and reviewing of annual corporation tax return to
- Preparing annual BBSI return and assisting in preparation of SAO
- Assistance with other tax related
- Responsible for daily/monthly summary reports on FX spot
- Responsible for daily/monthly summary review of control & suspense
- Preparing month-end adjustments required by financial & tax reporting
- Participating in projects relating to the
- Assistance with accounting on banking
- Involved in assessing impact of GAAP changes to relevant reports of
- Assisting in preparation of relevant procedures of regular reports and
- Carrying out ad-hoc work as requested by the line manager and Financial