Financial, Tax & Regulatory Accountant
£50,000 - 55,000 + generous bonus + benefits + share options
They are a leading active long only equity asset management house with circa £20bn over under management and over 100 employees across London, the Far East and USA.
Previous financial services experience is not necessary. This is a newly-created role offers significant scope for progression and also variety for breadth of experience. The role is to provide accounting, tax and regulatory assistance with the main focus on the tasks listed below but will include various projects as well:
Month End/Quarter End/Year End
- Assist in the audit procedure, liaise with auditors in relation to relevant audit queries
- Assist in preparation of cash flow statements for board reporting and financial statements
- Assist in preparation of dividend calculations quarterly taking into account regulatory implications
- Assist in the preparation of payroll journals into technology one ensuring accounting records are consistent with payroll records
- Preparation of the regulatory returns in accordance with the firms FCA reporting schedule
- Submission of regulatory returns and input to GABRIEL
- Ongoing monitoring of the firms regulatory capital position to identify issues early
- Assisting in documentation and update of FCA reporting procedures and manuals
- Assisting with the ICAAP stress testing analysis and implementing changes to the ICAAP document
- Preparation of the VAT returns on quarterly basis and booking of the VAT entries.
- Reconciliation of the VAT control accounts
- Assist in VAT related projects
- Prepare monthly corporation tax calculations and bookings via in-house accounting software for UK Businesses and the Czech branch
- Reconcile Corporation Tax control accounts
- Prepare calculations for tax payments as they fall due to be paid to HMRC and IRS
- Assisting in documentation and update of Corporation tax procedures and calculations
- Prepare monthly transfer pricing journals throughout the group
- Prepare quarterly invoice figures for the Sale and Purchase ledger accountant to issue
- Ensure transfer priced revenue and expenditure is as accurate as possible using latest available information and assist in updating the firms cost allocation model
- Assist in documentation of updates to the transfer pricing policy
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Recently qualified accountant.
- Strong interest in either regulatory reporting or VAT or UK corporation tax.
- Attention to detail and good Excel skills.
- Strong communication, team working and organisational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.