This is an exciting newly created role, within a fast expanding, dynamic, well-established, award-winning specialist lender who provides bespoke alternative funding options to businesses. They offer a wide range of lending alternatives including cash flow finance, invoice finance, property finance and asset funding. You would join the UK finance team of 7 who are supported by an overseas team of 5. Reporting directly to the CFO, they are looking for a talented and hard-working, highly motivated accountant to be part of the finance team and join a growth business. You will be detail-oriented and have strong experience in FP&A to play a key part to support strategic financial planning and decision-making processes for the Board and senior management.
To be considered for this excellent role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Finalist part qualified accountant, qualified accountant, or MBA from any industry background although there is a strong preference for someone who has gained relevant experience in a financial services organisation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis or a related field.
- Proven experience in financial modelling, budgeting, and forecasting.
- It is essential to possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and financial modelling software including the ability to create models. (These skills will be tested as part of the process).
- Used to working with large and complex data sets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear fashion.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team across different levels of management, stakeholders and departments.
- Absolute attention to detail to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and analysis and used to working to deadlines.
- Proactive, highly motivated who uses initiative and ensure projects are completed.
- Flexible mindset and happy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and adapting to changing priorities.
As a key member of the finance function, you will develop further the existing FP&A process and financial models used in the business, responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, update and maintain complex financial models to support budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning.
- Analyse financial data, trends, and key performance indicators to provide insights into business performance.
- Create and develop new models as per the business needs.
- Work closely with department heads to create annual budgets and five year rolling forecasts.
- Monitor actual performance against budget and forecasts, identifying variances and providing commentary and explanations
- Prepare and present comprehensive financial reports and analysis to senior management regularly, highlighting key financial metrics and trends, offering pragmatic and practical recommendations.
- Conduct in-depth variance analysis to understand the drivers of financial performance and communicate findings to
- Work closely with business units to understand and validate budgets.
- Support the development and implementation of financial planning strategies to align with business goals.
- Assist in scenario analysis and sensitivity testing to assess potential impacts on financial outcomes.
- Undertake special projects and ad-hoc analysis as required by senior management e.g., development of dashboard analysis, assistance on new product launches.
- Provide financial insights to support strategic decision-making.