They are a fast-growing financial services company in the heart of London offering great progression opportunities and the chance for you to get exposure to real estate and private equity or will suit someone who already has fund accounting experience. The company was founded nearly 20 years ago and already has over 600 staff with global offices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Required Technical Knowledge/Skills
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- A full understanding of UK GAAP or IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, and related preparation of statutory financial statements and auditor liaison.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Some experience of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
- Primary contact for clients with daily contact and regular in-person client meetings.
- Take ownership of portfolios of clients and customer relationships; implement policies, procedures and checklists.
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Oversee preparation of management accounts both at asset and fund level, including supporting files and review of all work produced by team.
- Preparation of consolidations.
- Bank debt covenant reporting.
- Production of quarterly NAVs.
- Investor tax, CIS and VAT reporting.
- Responsible for team planning, monitoring deadlines and coaching and developing junior staff members.
- Cash flow forecasting and treasury work.
- Plan year end audit including audit files and liaise with external auditors and clients.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS or UK GAAP.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation's operations.