Group Statutory Accountant
£70,000 - £85,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a highly regarded mid-size quoted investment bank with over 270 employees, possibly one of the best financial services companies to work for in the City. They have a commercial culture but are also highly collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They have a newly created position within their finance function for a qualified accountant with a strong technical accounting background and understanding of accounting standards appropriate for a quoted financial services group. This is a role for a professional who wishes to be fully involved in group accounting and help make impactful decisions concerning the preparation, accuracy and dissemination of information in the accounts.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Good academics.
- Motivated, entrepreneurial nature demonstrating initiative.
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical and numerical skills.
- Competent use of MS Excel required. Experience of MS Access, VBA desirable but not essential.
- Adaptable to different tasks and projects.
- Willing to take ownership of daily/monthly process.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Financial services background preferred but not essential.
- Strong technical knowledge of UK IFRS, including experience of IFRS7 and IFRS9 accounting for financial instruments, and IFRS2 accounting for share based payments. Experience of AIM reporting requirements could be an advantage.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, and working within a group finance team of 12, you will assist with the preparation of the group financial consolidation, annual and interim financial statements, selection/interpretation/application of accounting standards and preparation of technical accounting memoranda. The role is a wide ranging role and includes the following:
- Prepare the monthly group financial consolidation of 9 trading entities (EU, US, UK and overseas including the UK listed parent holding company.
- Maintain the associated underlying reporting structures (Oracle Essbase).
- Assist with the preparation of statutory financial accounts for all group legal entities.
- Assist the Financial Controller/Head of Finance/CFO with the preparation of the annual report, interim and preliminary results and disclosures, trading updates, analyst/investor presentations, KPIs and highlights.
- Assist with the maintenance of the group's accounting policies.
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and advise on compliance/best practice.
- Assist with evaluation and selection of appropriate methodologies and measurement.
- Assist with the evaluation of appropriate management judgements and estimates.
- Prepare Audit/Disclosure committee papers and technical accounting memoranda for the Board.
- Work with the group and local statutory auditors.
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are in place for own areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to a strong control environment, maintain continuous improvement and automation of the control environment and existing Finance processes.
- Provide cover for other Finance team members in times of absence, where appropriate.
- Ad hoc queries and project related work.