Head of Central Compliance
£120000 - £130000 + Bonus + Benefits
Growing London banking group, part of one of the world's largest banks by assets, has a new Central Compliance role within their Legal & Compliance area in the corporate banking and capital markets business. In this role you will work with the wider compliance function, the business and other control functions in order to discharge the role and also develop a strong understanding of the relevant regulations applying to the Bank's business and regulatory environment. This role is at Director level and could suit someone who is either at VP level looking for a step up or at Director level.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Compliance, you will be responsible for delivery of a wide range of responsibilities within Central Compliance including external FCA compliance regulatory reporting, Group level compliance regulatory reporting, compliance matters relating to HR Policies and procedures relating to employees including PA dealing, entertainment and especially SMCR. The role will also include the following:
- Building out the functions M.I. and management reporting and ensuring the preparation of reports regarding Compliance matters to the firm's executive and board committees;
- Managing a small team of Compliance colleagues within the function;
- Enhancing procedures and controls relevant to the operation of this function;
- Responsible for the schedule of deliverables for the department;
- Ensuring good working relationships with Compliance colleagues, business management and other control functions;
- You may undertake other responsibilities as agreed with other Compliance areas and / or may be directed by the Head of Compliance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience of having worked within a central Compliance role within an audit or consultancy practice or a Corporate / Investment Banking Compliance
- Familiarity with specific areas of regulation relevant to employee compliance and corporate banking businesses (eg including SM&CR / deposit protection).
- Evidence of experience in financial or regulatory reporting matters
- Broad range of corporate banking experience as well as basic knowledge of the types of products traded by corporate/ investment banks and their
- A good teamwork ethos with an ability to build relationships across the Compliance function and broader