Head of Investment Department
£100,000 + share options
The group are a wealth management and investment platform fintech company that delivers smart-designed portfolios expertly managed to put their clients' money to work. They are an industry disrupter. The company is headed by a management team with the knowledge and experience to maintain a sustainable and successful business. They have big plans for innovative new services and growth. They want someone who will focus on establishing their quantitative investment methodology and then applying this, with their development and compliance teams to bring innovative features to their customers. You must be someone who can fit into a diverse and growing team that shares the desire to disrupt and succeed. You will be comfortable working autonomously and taking ownership/responsibility of projects, problems and their solutions. The company likes transparency and communication, especially given that they are often working flexibly (not just in lockdown), and being open-minded and flexible are key at this company.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
● Experience in the passive investment space as portfolio manager
● Experience of portfolio construction and has managed the day to day performance of a fund or investment vehicle
● Experience / knowledge of various investment products
● An outstanding academic and professional track record, with hands on experience running systematic, statistically-driven, scalable trading strategies. Portfolio Manager candidates should have experience with all aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, testing, prototyping, backtesting, and performance monitoring.
● Ideally have obtained industry qualifications relating investment management such as IMC (CFA) or IAD (CISI)Knowledge and experience of systems required to carry out your role, including Bloomberg, Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), VBA. Understanding of programming languages is desirable.
● Experience of working in financial services, ideally in B2C investment management, which will involve market abuse, best execution and the MiFID II requirements. With a sound knowledge of international expansions and pensions for UK investors
● Deep understanding of all academic and professional modern portfolio management techniques
● An understanding of investment operations and ability to help optimise systems and processes
● Be driven and determined to be part of a high-growth start-up team where you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact
● To be prepared and be flexible in research through, knowledge and using industry contacts, to find answers where you may not have previous experience
● Awareness of the changing investment management landscape and the curiosity to find opportunities in technology, market developments, through these changes.
You will oversee their premium or discretionary managed portfolios, and work on not only their investment products but industry wide initiatives for the business - whether the current or future proposition. As a small but growing team, they expect you to actively participate in all aspects of the business with a 'can do' and 'roll your sleeves up' attitude and willing to take on responsibility. As a fast growth developing business they are always developing their Products - and you'll be instrumental in the release of exciting new services for UK investors and later overseas.
The company's expectations of you are:
● To enjoy the responsibility of being the Head of Investments
● Ensure the business uses best practice methodologies for constructing its' investment portfolios
● Clear communication, with the ability to discuss their products and methodologies with the media, stakeholders and their clients
● Be fully aware of the key current academic and professional standards, but not limited to:
○ Modern portfolio theory and personalised risk tolerances
○ Diverse asset class selection methods
○ Rebalancing techniques
○ ETF selection criteria
● Being proportionate to implementing a Compliance Framework to a 'start-up' Company and implement a monitoring regime which will improve customer experience, be commercially sensitive, reduces cost and risks to our business
● Be passionate about fintech businesses, you will use your knowledge and experience to help formulate strategy, propose solutions and manage risk
● Be a leader in product vision and marketing strategy through proactive engagement with the team members
● To maintain a strong knowledge of the UK Investment Market and Regulatory infrastructure
● Being part of the team delivering solution solving via expert advice and guidance