Junior Portfolio Analyst
To £30000 - £35000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a well-established Investment Manager specialising in UK and global equity investment for institutional clients. They have an exceptional track record of performance and a strong institutional following and have now over £18bn AUM. They now have a new role which will join a small team of investment professionals, support, marketing and administration. The role is not a front office role.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A highly numerate and highly PC literate individual who has studied in a Mathematical or Statistical discipline such as Maths, Physics or Engineering;
- 2:1 minimum degree achievement
- Previous relevant experience gained within an investment manager or financial services
- Knowledge of equities and terminology;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA & SQL;
- Ability to convey complex numerical concepts to non-experts;
- Able to produce and organise complex information concisely and to tight deadlines;
This is a new role, which reports to the Business Development Manager and works closely with the marketing team as well as across all business units which will use a wide range of skills including analysis. Thus there is huge scope (as well as potential career progression) for the successful candidate. The most important thing is that they are able to work independently and hit the ground running. Relevant previous experience at an asset manager is therefore essential (1 - 3 years +) is a requirement. In summary, you will contribute to the production of useful and accurate numbers to help enhance, automate and simplify existing processes. The role will support the business and the Marketing team with a range of analysis, including portfolio analytics, performance analysis & system building.
More specifically, the role will include the following:
- To provide information to the business and the Marketing team in response to client requests; generally requests relating to performance, portfolio analytics, performance attribution, assets under management and other information of a quantitative nature.
- To help with the automation of standard reports
- To help facilitate a smoother flow of data from disparate sources (Bloomberg, Morningstar, Finance, Operations, etc.);
- Be a resource to the Marketing team can turn to with analysis and Excel queries;
- To work on ad hoc projects as and when required
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Grounded, down to earth personality, a proactive hard working person who doesn't mind doing some menial work while learning