£65,000 plus discretionary bonus plus benefits
London based - Hybrid working model
This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious wealth management and securities firm. The bank offers expertise across a wide range of asset classes within wealth management on a global basis. A newly created role has arisen
for a qualified accountant to work within their global wealth management finance team of 12 - 14 people. The Finance department has responsibility for maintaining the accounting records and for the production of internal and external
reporting for the UK regulated legal entities. The role is primarily focused on management reporting for the global wealth management entity which provides independent financial planning advice to clients.
Skills & Experience Required
To be considered for the role you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Qualified accountant educated to degree level.
- An understanding of accounting for wealth management/financial planning products, either through direct experience of working for a similar organisation or audit experience in the sector.
- High degree of IT literacy. Familiarity with multiple systems and ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Advanced Excel skills -ability to manipulate and handle large volumes of spread sheet data through the use of formulae and pivot tables (macro level advantageous).
Reporting to a Finance Manager, the role will include the following:
- Production of monthly revenue and assets under advice reports
- Work with front office and management to meet management reporting expectations
- Implement improvements to management reporting function (including designing new reports, increasing automation of production)
- Assist with financial accounting function (including month end reconciliation, bookkeeping)
- To assist and work on the integration of finance function following acquisition of a financial planning business
- Ad hoc project work as and when required including post-acquisition integration of new business; implementation of new systems and any changes in regulatory reporting
- Provide WP finance support as required by the Finance leadership
- Be proactive in developing your knowledge of the industry and the market. Undertake and record relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to develop knowledge and skills.