Manager - Accounting Advisory
£60,000 - £80,000+ bonus + benefits
Central London - (Hybrid - mostly from home or client office)
They are a specialist firm of consultants and accountants providing technical accounting advisory and consultancy services to a wide array of clients including house-hold names, FTSE 100 listed companies and international groups. They work with organisations of all shapes, sizes and sectors to understand their challenge and potential, use our expertise and experience to ensure they make the most of their opportunity, and equip them with the tools and confidence to make lasting, positive change. With an approach based on genuine partnership, they combine extensive technical, practical and commercial advisory expertise with pragmatic experience and solutions. They partner with the world's most ambitious organisations at critical moments to help them realise their potential, maximise their opportunity and transform for good.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Significant IFRS and UK GAAP knowledge and experience essential
- Qualified accountant with technical accounting experience of IFRS and UK. US GAAP knowledge useful
- A Minimum of 2 years post qualified experience in a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm
- Previous experience as a manager or assistant manager providing clients a range of accounting advisory and consulting services
- Experience of reviewing statutory accounts and/ or managing audit services to large businesses
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and produce deliverables of a high standard
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and work in a team.
- Good understanding of the workings of a finance function
You will be a key member of the team delivering technical accounting advisory services to a wide range of clients including house-hold names, FTSE 100 listed companies and international groups in the key business areas of Accounting Advisory (new complex accounting standards, application of GAAP and conversions) and deal support (pre and post deals). You will need knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP. As a valued member of the team delivering support to our clients across a range of engagements including:
- Implementing accounting standards and GAAP conversions
- Supporting clients on accounting remediation projects
- Developing accounting policies, procedures and controls as well as projects on converting UK to US GAAP, IFRS TO US GAAP OR UK GAAP and visa versa
- Deal accounting support including historic financial information reporting, working capital modelling and proforma reporting and post deal support in embedding new entities and changes
- Supporting the firm's significant growth objectives by helping to deliver client engagements, build relationships with new and potential clients, supporting new market initiatives, propositions and offerings and being part of the team taking these out to clients
- Developing your network of contacts and clients to develop opportunities for the firm to become their trusted advisor
- Ability to project manage engagements to meet deadlines and budgets.