Manager, Management Reporting and Planning
12 month contract
£80,000 - £90,000 + bonus + excellent benefits
Growing London banking group with global assets of over $100billion. The business comprises commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They now have a high profile with direct involvement with FC, CFO and executive management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACMA, ACA) with management reporting and planning experience of between 5-10 years within a banking environment is essential.
- Good management accounting skills.
- Strong excel spreadsheet skills to an advanced level are necessary.
- Previous people management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working within a small team, you will head up the Management Reporting team delivering management reporting for Board, Executive Management Committee (EMC) and group finance, budgeting and forecasting, performance management, ledger management and overseeing accounts payable function. The role provides a complete management reporting service to the board and local management, Group Finance, International Finance, including daily, monthly and adhoc reporting, regular forecasting and annual budgeting. You will also ensure rigorous financial control disciplines are adhered to in respect of the general ledger and related financial systems and MIS, including accounting for new products.
- To prepare and oversee regular, accurate and timely management reporting for board, EMC and local management, Group and International Finance.
- Preparation of monthly estimates and forecasts, quarterly & full year reforecasts.
- Oversee cost performance reporting providing for the bank including useful insights and recommendations.
- Oversee daily internal reporting including P&L.
- To drive the annual budget process including completion of various templates and presentation to senior management.
- Drive change and improvements in improve management reporting and control.
- Assisting the financial reporting team with the annual financial statements by providing transactions back ground.
- Oversee timely production of "Accruals & provision" accounts.
- Reviewing Invoice payments and verifying in AQUA (SWIFT).
- Ensure cleanliness of the core data in MIS ensuring and related financial systems, including accounting for new products or ledger enhancement.
- Responsible for 2 direct reports and overall team of 3 members of staff, offering advice, coaching their performance and continuous support.