To play a significant role in the provision of management information, marketing expertise and support services in response to predetermined business strategies.
- Work with Business Developers, CRDs and CRMs to identify key clients and intermediaries in order to build relationships and maximise cross-selling opportunities.
- Develop and manage the Group's intermediary visit programme in conjunction with Business Developers, CRDs and CRMs ensuring that visits are co-ordinated and timely.
- Produce monthly Group New Business Report. Review and analyse the results and produce the 'Highlights Report' for Group-wide circulation.
- Ensure that all business areas provide input as appropriate. Produce monthly Scoreboard Report. Review, analyse and circulate the results, follow up with business developers as required.
- Assist business operations with queries about referrals to accountants, lawyers etc.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and report on activity using meeting planners, meeting notes and monthly conference calls
- Chair monthly Group Marketing & Private Client conference calls in the absence of the Head of Marketing & Business Development. Provide cover for Marketing & Business Development Assistant Manager, taking and writing up notes for circulation
- Manage and oversee the implementation of Mergers & Acquisitions in terms of internal and external communication, websites, social media platforms, other marketing collateral, stationery, directory listings and adverts. Take responsibility for organising the training and integration of new BD staff e.g. attendance at conference calls, pipeline etc.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Group PR activities. Liaise with PR agencies and manage the production, approval and issue of all media releases, award nominations, articles etc.
- Devise, implement, co-ordinate, manage and progress special projects as required e.g. UK regional marketing, US focussed activity along with the oversee or undertake ad hoc projects as required.
- Undertake research and analysis to identify areas for potential growth
- Convene and chair meetings of the Channel Island Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee as appropriate. Research and collate details of new opportunities. Coordinate, implement and monitor new and exiting Channel Island -based CSR initiatives.
- Undertake an annual review of the Group's requirements regarding clipping, copying and circulation of newspaper / magazine articles and renew the Group's Newspaper Licencing Agency licence as appropriate.
- Oversight of the day-to-day work of the team along with providing advice, assistance, training and delegating work as required. Organise and lead team meetings as required.