The role involves responsibility for all aspects of the UK purchase ledger and the related banking activities. The key deliverable is that all expenses are coded accurately within a fairly complex Group structure, which provides the foundation for many of the activities of the team. All suppliers should of course also be paid on a timely basis.
The role offers an insight into the private equity environment and would suit a candidate that already has some experience of working within a finance team.
Purchase Ledger & Expenses
- Responsible for purchase ledger for overhead and Fund expenses and completing the monthly payment run
- Completing a large number of journal postings onto the SUN accounting system
- Raising urgent direct payments
- Checking and importing expenses data from excel into SUN
- Importing data into expenses system and checking and chasing of expenses forms
- Dealing with suppliers
- Assisting with recovery of expenses from the Doughty Hanson Funds
- Running reports from the SUN accounts system on an ad-hoc basis
Banking & Foreign Currency
- Completing the multi-currency daily cashbooks for the corporate entities & posting to the SUN accounts system
- Producing the weekly cash report to assist the Financial Controller with Treasury Management
- Assigning foreign currency to professionals when they travel and completing the monthly cash reconciliation
- Assisting with departmental administration
- Administration of expense forms
Excellent work environment and very convenient for public transport.