T0 £64000 + bonus + benefits (pension, private health + 25 days holiday)
Central London - Hybrid model
The company is a leading global real estate investment management group with over $130bn AUM operating around the globe. They are now looking to recruit a Portfolio Accountant to join the team for 12 months. The role will report directly to a Fund controller and work closely with a fund CFO on a Global fund. This is an exciting opportunity which offers a highly sought after career opportunity to work in both a finance and operations capacity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- ACA / ACCA qualified with up to three years post-qualification experience.
- Prior experience with a Big Four or top tier accountancy firm, or experience in real estate or private equity at a fund manager or through audit experience preferred.
- Strong financial control and analytical skills are essential.
- Good problem-solving, excellent attention to detail and strong excel skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication ability.
- Proactive and self-organised, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player - able to work well within a small, dedicated team but also with external service providers (mainly fund administrators)
- Ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects
The role responsibilities include:
- Preparation and review of investor reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual) for fund-of-fund structures.
- Oversight of third-party administrators and external auditors.
- Fund and investment level performance analyses.
- Valuation of investments.
- Calculation of management and performance fees.
- Presenting at various board meetings and oversight committees.
- Liquidity monitoring, forecasts, credit facility management, investor drawdowns and distributions.
- Calculation of foreign currency hedging requirements.
- Providing the Investment, Investment Operations, Tax and Legal teams with deal support, including operational due diligence.
- Preparing ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Updating records and systems to account for AUM, transactions, and fees billable, reconciliations etc.
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and leading the design and implementation of control improvements.