Portfolio Reporting Analyst / Accountant
£55,000 - £58,000 + bonus + benefits
Who they are
They are a long established private equity specialist who are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic qualified accountant to assume an important position in the Finance team reporting to the Financial Controller and also the CFO. They now have a 6 month contract which will become permananet for the right person.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the CFO, the role is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Review of quarterly fund accounts and instructing the outsource fund administrators to process Fund and General Partner payments.
- Review statutory accounts reporting under US GAAP and UK GAAP.
- Prepare audit back up and assist auditors with year end queries.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for two funds, updating monthly for actual cash movements.
- Prepare bank facility drawn down notices for the fund and monitor the cash position. Liaise with the board directors for signings, authorisations and board minutes.
- Liaise with the Financial Controller and deal team on new investments/ exits, prepare investment memos with Investment Committee approval for the administrators, prepare call notices for the funds and review/ monitor broken deal costs analysis prepared by the deal team.
- Assist the Financial Controller with calculations on exit and ensure all documentation has been properly executed and prepare distributions for the funds.
- Involved in tax, collating Portfolio Company yearend information to assist outsourced tax advisers in US tax returns.
- Reporting reviewing and instructing administrators regarding EBT, Co-Invest, Carry Vehicles and other group entities to process payments and monitor cash positions regarding. You would also review year end statutory accounts and prepare audit back up and assist auditors with year end queries.
- Assist the Financial Controller with year-end procedures relating to Intermediate Holding Companies.
- Assist the CFO with compliance reporting requirements and also assist the CFO with many ad-hoc projects.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant with fund accounting experience within the private equity industry.
- All round accounts preparation experience including preferably LLP experience.
- Able to work in a small company environment.
- Effective communication skills.