Regulatory Affairs Change
£120,000 - £135,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Growing London banking group, part of one of the world's largest banks by assets, has a new Central Compliance role within their Legal & Compliance area in the corporate banking and capital markets business. In this role you will work with the wider compliance function, the business and other control functions in a key role in monitoring, analysing and reporting significant matters with regard to regulatory change which impact the Bank. The role is focused mainly on London but will also impact European offices. The role is offered at Director level.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience gained within a regulatory function or practice, either within a regulatory authority, consultancy, law firm or banking environment.
- Demonstrable experience within a financial policy / technical role.
- Broad range of corporate banking experience and good knowledge of the types of products traded by corporate/ investment banks and their
- Strong understanding of UK / EU regulatory regime and an ability to apply that knowledge and experience of financial regulation relevant to commercial banking business
- Good balance between commercial awareness and risk management
- Constructive approach to problem
- Good presentation
In order to perform this role within the regulatory affairs department, you will need to
- Monitor UK and European financial regulation, regulatory priorities, trends and enforcement decisions
- Review the scope of new regulatory requirements and assess their impact and relevance to the operations of the Bank
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders in respect of regulatory developments and provide advice as required
- Maintain and update summaries of key regulatory change matters
- Report to management on key aspects of regulatory change
- Liaise with external legal advisers and trade associations in relation to new legislation and provide assistance as required in liaison with policy makers and governmental contacts.
- Work collaboratively with the Bank's European offices to ensure that there is a common understanding of significant regulatory change matters
- Monitor and report on cross border legal and regulatory
- You will maintain good working relationships with Compliance colleagues, business management and other control functions;
- You will undertake other responsibilities as agreed with other Compliance areas and / or may be directed by the Head of Regulatory affairs.