Risk & Data Officer
£40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Central London - Hybrid
The bank is a growing London bank with a cosmopolitan culture. The business comprises private banking, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They are a prolific lender but with low volatility risk in areas of commercial real estate and corporate lending. In the last few years they have upgraded their risk department to rise to the challenge of an ever increasing loan and banking product offering. They now have a new role within the risk department which offers excellent exposure to the whole of the bank and its products as well heads of business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for the role, you will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree or Masters degree in science, engineering; finance, economics; or related analytical fields
- 4/5+ years advanced level experience in related field with cross-risk reporting experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Skilled with Microsoft Excel, including the creation of spreadsheets with embedded error checking for use in semi-production environments. Experience in MS-Access and/or SQL development;
- Skills in data, analytics, databases, and data quality are desired; experience in Tableau, PowerBI, and visualization is preferred to selecting appropriate chart types to inform management
- Excellent banking data attributes and their interactions
- Experience in BCBS239 preferred
- Coding experience in Python, R, SAS, Stata (or related statistics packages) with complex data is helpful
- Knowledge and experience of universal banking products
- Experience in a banking or financial institution on management information and reports under a Risk perspective.
- Ability to support the development of risk analysis and oversee risk data quality management;
Reporting to the Enterprise Risk Manager, the position is responsible for building, maintaining and ongoing development risk reporting to facilitate the monitoring, oversight and decision-making of the Risk function. The key focus is on financial risk and climate change, as well as using skills and expertise to support the development of risk analysis. More specifically, this role oversees risk data aggregation, controls, reporting and analysis across all Risk Management teams and is accountable for Risk's overall data efforts and quality management. You are responsible for enterprise risk reporting, data management, and technology innovation that is fundamental to the bank's Risk Management capability. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for preparing regular and time-sensitive analytics, visualizations and risk reports to support risk managers, senior management, and regulators, with close collaboration with risk For example, risks inherent in Credit, Market, Operational or other Risk portfolios. Reporting can cover a variety of areas including but not limited to portfolio concentrations and limited exceptions. Stress testing, loss reserves or high-risk exposures.
- Assisting Credit Admin team on various tasks daily
- Centrally acquire all data related to financial risk (credit, market, prudential) and climate change while ensuring data quality, completeness, and consistency.
- Share expertise in the specific risk management area, including risk metrics, risk governance, as well as related data and technology infrastructure.
- Leverage risk and technical expertise to increase the information value of the content with actionable insights for management.
- Drive process improvement opportunities that enhance the efficiency of the report production process.
- Create new reports in excel, dashboards as required.
- Develops and delivers opportunities for process automation in collaboration with the overall risk function
- Supports the enhancements of risk data infrastructure and collectively works with technology to ensure system enhancements are aligned with the needs of management/risk reporting
- Supports the risk data requirements gathering process from a technical perspective working closely with the CDO.
- Is the custodian of the master risk data documentation and risk data dictionary development