£40000 - £50000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are the London business of an expanding and global fund services business. The London operation, which this new role sits within, has a planned expansion and this role will be critical in helping to expand the client base as well as ensuring accurate delivery of financial statements and other reporting for clients for UK and international clients.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Three or more years' experience in an accountancy practice
- AAT qualified or ACCA qualified/part qualified or ACA part-qualified
- Good communication skill
- Can work well under pressure and in a very busy environment
- Must have experience managing your own portfolio of clients
- A team player but able to work with minimum supervision
- Have experience in multi-currency reconciliation
- Good knowledge of VAT, not only knows how to prepare the VAT returns, must have knowledge of various VAT schemes such as margin scheme, partial exemption etc.
- Good knowledge of double entry bookkeeping
- Have experience in supervising staff and reviewing bookkeeping, VAT returns and TB
- Technically competent
- Good knowledge on accounts preparation and corporation taxation
- Competent in Xero, Excel, CCH or SAPA or an advanced accounts production software equivalent
- Confident in their own ability and now wishes to develop their knowledge and skills to enable them to progress their career.
This is a "hands on" role supervising team members responsible for their expanding bookkeeping, VAT Compliance and Accounting team for a range of trust clients and family offices. You will oversee the already existing team of bookeepers. You will assist them with bookkeeping and VAT return queries and ensuring that the team are meeting targets and providing sufficient support to the administration team as well as reporting directly to the Managing Director and Client Relationship Directors. You will also undertake the completion of statutory accounts where the need arises and will assist with more complex bookkeeping and accounting jobs. In addition, you will need to be able to liaise with clients on matters pertaining to their financials, providing an element of business consultancy, and forecasting. It would be ideal if you have had prior experience dealing with international clients as well as clients in the art sector.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and pre audit reviews
- Review and sign off of VAT returns
- Review and sign off of EC sales lists
- Review and sign off of CIS returns
- Review and sign off of intra-stat returns
- Preparation of internal reports on the status of accounting jobs and revenue generated to Managing Director
- Regular review of income revenue from accounting jobs and ensuring that the team are working within budgets
- Preparing end of financial year checks
- Liaising with external accountants where they do not provide the statutory accounts and ensuring that communication flow is adequate and timetables for work agreed
- Liaising with the tax advisers and auditors
- Meeting with clients and running through their accounts and financial reporting needs
- Supervision of existing team