Senior Credit Risk Analyst
£44,000 - £51,700 + Bonus + Benefits + subsidised restaurant, PHI)
They are a well-known and strongly established private banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience working in financial services, preferably retail banking,
- University degree or equivalent and also CeMAP qualification, or technical credit or accounting qualification,
- Experience of analysing data (including financial accounts and macro trends) with proven ability to draw clear conclusions and make recommendations,
- Experience of credit underwriting and review, preferably in a regulated environment,
- Experience of report writing (therefore strong report-writing skills), and presentations for various stakeholder groups,
- Self motivated individual with a "can do" attitude and strong organisational skills and attention to detail,
- Ability to review and critique financial accounts and reports,
- Innovative mind-set, always seeking opportunities for improvement,
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and manage potentially difficult conversations.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager you will play an active role within the Credit team helping to manage the bank's lending portfolio, including support with underwriting and monitoring in-life performance, support with the production of monthly reporting, providing insight on emerging trends and forecasts with reference to the external macro-environment, contribute to the review of front-line process and controls, including monthly testing and the design of more efficient processes and assist with various project work and report-writing for the Head of Credit
Specifically you will :
- Support first-line Credit team with the underwriting of new loan applications, providing constructive challenge and making recommendations for approval / decline,
- Ensure compliance of applications with Lending Policy and Risk Appetite,
- Support with periodic testing of the department's controls as part of the monthly self-assessment of risk & controls and general Quality Assurance processes,
- Support with production of monthly reporting on Credit & Conduct matters including ad-hoc review such as impact of external macro data such as property prices,
- Contribute to a number of strategic projects underway across the front-office department, looking at innovative approaches to achieve efficiencies and improve the customer experience.