Senior Fixed Income Analyst
£75,000 - £90,000 (dependent on experience) + bonus + benefit
They are a highly reputable leading international HNW wealth management and investment firm. They have an excellent opportunity which offers career development from analyst to portfolio management.
Reporting to the Head of Fixed Income Investment and working closely with buy side professionals, this role is concerned with the optimisation of portfolio construction and also responsible for implementing the Fixed Income team's portfolio management strategy efficiently across portfolios, whilst also contributing to fixed income fund research. You will be a subject matter expert for the group. You will need to be able to build strong business relationships with internal teams. The role includes the following:
- Responsibility (management, performance, marketing) for internal direct credit models and chair of Direct Fixed Income and Cash Sub Co
- Portfolio Management responsibilities: maintain overall portfolio compliance, enter fixed income team's trade orders, liaise with dealing desk and monitor orders
- You will be initially, contributing and over time responsible for idea generation, research, due diligence and maintenance of Fixed Income third party funds which are currently on, or could be added, to the approved investment list.
- Build strong business relationships with internal teams and external service providers, locally and globally. Participation in daily, weekly and monthly Investment team meetings
- Represent the Fixed Income team and communicate fundamental fixed income views and investment ideas at Investment Committee and other forums as required
- Responsible for communicating verbally and in writing fundamental credit views and investment ideas and provision of ad hoc briefing and research around Fixed Income, Macro and FX.
- Present fixed income views / opinions and portfolio positioning at client pitches and meeting
- Additionally other potential responsibilities include : participating in Key Account Review meetings process, member of Global Sustainable Investment Portfolio IC, ad hoc projects related to broader Investment Team
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- 4 - 7 years of fixed income credit research and analysis experience in a top-tier credit research environment (either credit rating agency, buy or sell side company);
- Strong corporate credit background (including bond technicals, documentation, CDS) and a thorough understanding of ratings agency methodology;
- Specific knowledge of fixed income risk modelling/analytics is essential;
- Good knowledge of financial statements
- Solid understanding of fixed income sub asset classes and various fund structures
- University degree or equivalent
- CFA or relevant equivalent professional qualification in accountancy
- Good technical appreciation of investment process, portfolio construction and portfolio risk analysis;
- Ambitious individual with excellent academics, strong analytical, problem solving, communication and influencing skills;
- A good knowledge of financial statem