Senior Global Equity Analyst
To £140,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a highly regarded and fast growing investment fund investing in global equities using a growth investment research philosophy (as opposed to Value philosophy). They have grown to nearly £1bn AUM (more than doubling in size this year) and could grow to £3bn over the next few years as further investment comes in from institutions. They have returned over 32% in the last two years. They now have an opportunity for an experienced analyst who has a totally bottom-up approach and passion for equity investment and research who could become the Deputy Head of the department.
This is new role for someone who is absolutely committed, focussed, enthusiastic and passionate about Global equity research and shares the same growth equity research philosophy. The team does not operate by sector therefore you need to have the capability of being a strong generalist. The quality of work to make an investment in growth equity is more important than sector focus. Reporting to the Head of Equities, this role is likely to lead or eventually lead to managing the equity research team provided you have already gained some previous management experience. You will prepare and present high-level in depth high quality equity research. The role involves the following:
- Conducting global in-depth, high quality company and industry research - large and mid cap stocks across a broad sector range.
- Providing research by means of lucid and engaging written reports as well as making presentations of your research.
- Oversee and guide various research projects of other junior team members
- Attend and actively take part in investment committee meetings.
- Undertake client facing activities as and when required.
- When required, assist in preparing marketing material.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Postgraduate degree and CFA or IMC;
- Significant experience required in an equity research role which focusses on long term growth in capital and income within a buy side firm (minimum 7 years experience);
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills as well as commercial awareness;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Attention to detail. Energised, focused and proactive. Results oriented, team player;
- Flexible - ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.