Trainee Fund Accountant
£30000 - £35000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Package
They are a growing, independent provider of services to the alternative investment industry providing a range of services including, A.R, Compliance Advisory & Consulting, Fund Administration, and Fund Management. They are looking for an ambitious graduate who is looking to start a career in accounting or fund accounting, with a view to completing an ACCA qualification (or equivalent).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance or Accounting discipline.
- Interest in completing the ACCA or equivalent.
- Accounting experience gained via internships or after university
- Good academic record including A-C at A level or equivalent
- Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Approach issues with a "can do attitude", driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion
- An interest in funds
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small but rapidly expanding company environment with focused and motivated individuals
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
You would join a team who are responsible for a growing portfolio of alternative investment funds. This would involve assisting in running the day to day operations for the funds, drawing funds from investors, managing cash flow and bank accounts, maintaining investor registers, generating NAV calculations for the funds and creating the fund's accounts and financial statements. The successful candidate would be involved in corporate as well as fund accounting assisting with corporate accounts and governance for clients as well as potentially for internal group companies. There will be significant opportunities to learn and grow and the successful candidate needs to have the ambition and drive to cope with and be excited by a very busy environment. The main duties and responsibilities within this role will be taught on the job and include the following:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly fund NAVs
- Fund cashflow forecasting
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors
- Assisting with ad hoc management reporting
- Assisting with the review of cashflow and production of forecasts
- Contributing towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations
- Preparing drawdown and distribution calculation spreadsheets
- Preparing equalisation calculations
- Preparing and submit quarterly VAT reporting for the various companies
- Assist in producing monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Assist in preparing interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit.