£32000 - £35000 + bonus + benefits
They are the London business of an expanding and global fund services business. The London operation, which this new role sits within, has a planned expansion and this role will be critical in helping to expand the client base as well as ensuring accurate delivery of financial statements and other reporting for clients.
This is a hands on working within the team responsible for keeping the books and records of fund clients. You will report to the Senior Accountant and work alongside two further accountants assisting them with bookkeeping and VAT return queries and ensuring that the team are meeting targets and providing sufficient support to the administration team. There will be a small amount of statutory accounts preparation. The position would be taking bookkeeping work to trial balance stage, VAT return preparations and submissions as well as preparing management accounts where required. There could be some complex bookkeeping cases and VAT returns for clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Entering purchase invoices into the bookkeeping software.
- Reconciling bills to statements.
- Entering sales invoices into the bookkeeping software.
- Entering the bank transactions to the bookkeeping software.
- Reconciling the bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Matching sales receipts with sales invoices within the sales ledger.
- Matching purchase payments with purchase invoices within the purchase ledger.
- Posting wages journals to the bookkeeping software.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts within the bookkeeping software.
- Dealing with foreign currency transactions.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of EC sales lists.
- Preparation and submission of intra-stat returns.
- Preparation of bookkeeping reports such as monthly profit and loss statements.
- Preparing end of financial year checks.
- Liaising with accountants and tax advisers in order for them to prepare statutory accounts and the end of year tax return.
- Preparing management accounts for a small number of clients
- Filing and archiving documents.
- Other ad hoc duties which may arise from time to time
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- The successful candidate will be a qualified or part qualified accountant who has a proven track record of dealing with a complex and varying client portfolio.
- The successful candidate will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team to deliver bookkeeping and accounting services to a range of clients.
- The successful candidate will be well organised and able to manage their time effectively.
- The successful candidate will be good at communicating with Partners, colleagues and clients.
- Good Excel skills are essential. Knowledge of SAGE accounting, Xero and Acumen would be useful.