|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£58000 - £60000 per annum + 10% PENSION, BONUS, HEALTH, FOOD|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
Accountant - Compensation & Expenses
(12 month fixed term contract)
£60000 + Bonus + (10% non contributory pension) + Healthcare + Food Subsidy
Highly established globally quoted investment management group with over $350 billion AUM. The London finance team are responsible for the accounting records of the UK and European entities. They now have a one year fixed term contract to cover maternity of a team member within the financial control area.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent), ideally with some post-qualification experience, particularly in this area
- Investment Management industry experience is not required but would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a large organization
- Ability to take a step back and review and challenge
- Ability to meet deadlines, for example at month end
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work with the team
- Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight
- You will need to have a certain level of maturity as the data is very sensitive and confidential.
- Someone familiar with a SOX and controls environment, would be useful experience.
The role reports into the Compensation & Expense manager and is part of the Compensation team which sits within London Accounting. The role is responsible for the accurate posting and control of payroll, variable compensation calculations and other compensation items. It will include some pension accounting. Monthly reconciliations for all the above areas including monthly end balance sheet reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of month end positions. Additionally, it will involve variance analysis of the results on a monthly basis and therefore requires an understanding of the underlying transactions. You will also complete notes that are required in the financial statements of the Group. It involves liaising with other teams and offices to gather the information required.
Sorry, this job is no longer available