Accountant, Financial Control
£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
Highly established global investment management group with over $300 billion AUM with offices in 3 global financial centres.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Aqualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent), ideally with some post-qualification experience, within financial control;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills;
- Willing to take ownership of tasks, good attention to detail;
- Able to work autonomously and follow through
- Any industry area will be considered. Do not need financial services industry experience;
- Personality is key, needs to be a team player and able to manage stakeholders if required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, for example at month end;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work with the team;
- Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight.
Reporting to the Comp & Expense Manager, you will join the London Compensation team. This is a good opportunity to take on more responsibility and improve processes. You will be responsible for the accurate posting and control of payroll, variable compensation and other compensation items. In addition, you will provide variance analysis of the results on a monthly basis and therefore be required to understand the underlying transactions. You will liaise with other teams and offices to gather the information required. You will maintain a robust control environment and deal with auditor queries as necessary. You will also be involved in account preparation for the group's subsidiaries. The responsibilities include:
- Payroll postings for UK and European offices;
- Variable compensation calculations and accruals;
- Pension accounting
- Non-executive directors fee accruals
- Other monthly compensation scheme calculations and accruals
- Monthly reconciliations for all the above areas including monthly end balance sheet reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of month end positions
- Monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis
- Completion of notes that are required in the financial statements of Group companies
- Subsidiary account preparation
- Auditor queries