Accountant - Hedge Fund
£50,000 + Bonus (20% - 100%) + Benefits
They are a well-established and highly reputable hedge fund involved in systematic trading advisory in managed futures. They have an excellent opportunity based in their office in Surrey for an accountant with or without previous financial services experience. Remuneration follows the traditional hedge fund model of lower base salary but bonus based on personal and fund performance. Previous financial services experience is neither required at all nor previous experience. What is required is good academics, a good personality, articulate and presentable. In addition to a possible outstanding bonus, there is an Employee Benefit Trust in place which invests in the fund on your behalf.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the position will be covering all aspects of fund and statutory accounting as well as other type of finance, operations and compliance work. Specifically:
- Daily fund accounting and preparation of performance reports
- Reconciliation and approval of NAVs
- Company finance - purchase and sales ledger management
- Preparation of the full monthly management accounts including daily bookkeeping
- General finance and administration
- Year-end statutory accounts together with preparation of Audit files
- Assisting the team with daily departmental tasks from compliance, legal to record keeping including maintenance of all files
To be considered for this excellent and rare opportunity, you should meet the following criteria:
- You must be ACA /ACCA qualified or finalist part qualified (If qualified no more than 2 years PQE).
- Experience of preparation of financial statements and strong understanding of ledger management.
- You must have strong academics including a 2:1 Degree
- Good Excel skills and articulate and very presentable;
- Hard worker with the long term in mind, shows initiative and not a clock watcher
- Open minded and willing to do any type of finance, operations and compliance work
- Creative bringing his/her own ideas
No previous hedge fund or asset management experience required. Fund accounting can be taught.