Accountant - Proprietary Trading Firm
£30,000 - £35,000 + very good bonus + benefits + study support
City of London
They are a growing proprietary trading firm focussing primarily on equities and equity derivatives, with over 400 people in New York, Hong Kong & London. They have expanded rapidly in London from 35 to 80 employees in the last 24 months, attracting very high quality people who form a collegiate and entrepreneurial culture. They have an open, informal and fun environment and operate a dress down policy. Learning from experienced individuals including front office and the programmers, quants and other key people mentoring, informal meetings and active discussion are all part of the culture.
The role involves working, in conjunction with the accounting teams both in the UK and globally:
- Assist in maintaining the firms books and records
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Performing, maintaining and improving processes involved in the daily regulatory capital calculations
You should expect and look forward to working closely with the other team members in a collaborative manner to ensure that the group's goals are met. The right candidate will be a detail-oriented self starter who is willing to get involved and enjoys working in an intense and fast-paced work environment.
The culture will suit someone who desires to be in a challenging, constantly changing environment full of smart and intellectually curious people and who wants to develop their skill set. The position has the potential to evolve into working on a variety of projects that affect different parts of the firm though the role is primarily accountancy oriented.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Strong working knowledge of excel (including Pivot tables and V Lookup)
- Highly numerate with an excellent academic record including a 2:1 degree
- A desire to study and complete professional accounting exams
- A minimum of 6 months experience of accountancy gained within an accounting function through work or internships.
Personal skills desired
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to critically analyse data
- Detail-oriented and proactive
- Positive and professional attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills