Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum + study support and benefits|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Accountant / Bookkeeper
£25,000 – 30,000 + Benefits + Study Support
They are the London business of an expanding and global fund services business. The London operation, which this new role sits within, has a planned expansion and this role will be part of a team providing accounting services to a range of client.
This is a hands on working within the team responsible for keeping the books and records of fund clients. You will report to the Senior Accountant and work alongside another accountant assisting them with bookkeeping and VAT return queries and ensuring that the team are meeting targets and providing sufficient support to the administration team. There will be a small amount of statutory accounts preparation. The position would be assisting taking bookkeeping work to trial balance stage, supporting VAT return preparations and submissions as well as assisting in preparing management accounts where required. There could be some complex bookkeeping cases and VAT returns for clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Entering purchase invoices into the bookkeeping software.
- Reconciling bills to statements.
- Entering sales invoices into the bookkeeping software.
- Entering the bank transactions to the bookkeeping software.
- Reconciling the bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Matching sales receipts with sales invoices within the sales ledger.
- Matching purchase payments with purchase invoices within the purchase ledger.
- Posting wages journals to the bookkeeping software.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts within the bookkeeping software.
- Dealing with foreign currency transactions.
- Assisting in preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of EC sales lists.
- Assisting in preparation and submission of intra-stat returns.
- Assisting in the preparation of bookkeeping reports such as monthly profit and loss statements.
- Assisting in preparing end of financial year checks.
- Liaising with accountants and tax advisers in order for them to prepare statutory accounts and the end of year tax return.
- Helping prepare management accounts for a small number of clients.
- Filing and archiving documents.
- Other ad-hoc duties that may arise from time to time within the department.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant/ studying who has a proven track record of dealing with a complex and varying client portfolio or someone who either has "A" levels with accounting subjects and bookkeeping/accounting practical experience.
- The successful candidate will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team to deliver bookkeeping and accounting services to a range of clients.
- The successful candidate will be well organised and able to manage their time effectively.
- The successful candidate will be good at communicating with Partners, colleagues and clients.
- Good Excel skills are essential. Knowledge of SAGE accounting, Xero and Acumen would be useful.