Accountant - Team Manager
£55,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
They are the London business of an expanding and global fund services business. The London operation, which this new role sits within, has a planned expansion and this role will be critical in helping to expand the client base as well as ensuring accurate delivery of financial statements and other reporting for clients for UK and international clients.
This is a "hands on" role heading up the team responsible for their expanding bookkeeping, VAT Compliance and Accounting team for trust clients and family offices. You will oversee the already existing team, which is run by an accountant and consists of two other bookkeepers. You will assisting them with bookkeeping and VAT return queries and ensuring that the team are meeting targets and providing sufficient support to the administration team. You will oversee this team, ensuring that they are meeting targets and providing sufficient support to the administration team as well as reporting directly to the Managing Director and Client Relationship Directors. You will also undertake the completion of statutory accounts where the need arises and will assist with more complex bookkeeping and accounting jobs. In addition, you will need to be able to liaise with clients on matters pertaining to their financials, providing an element of business consultancy, and forecasting. It would be ideal if you have had prior experience dealing with international clients as well as clients in the art sector. There might be a requirement to travel to client premises occasionally. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts and pre audit reviews
- Review and sign off of VAT returns
- Review and sign off of EC sales lists
- Review and sign off of CIS returns
- Review and sign off of intra-stat returns
- Preparation of internal reports on the status of accounting jobs and revenue generated to Managing Director
- Regular review of income revenue from accounting jobs and ensuring that the team are working within budgets
- Preparing end of financial year checks
- Liaising with external accountants where they do not provide the statutory accounts and ensuring that communication flow is adequate and timetables for work agreed
- Liaising with the tax advisers and auditors
- Meeting with clients and running through their accounts and financial reporting needs
- Supervision and management of existing team
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Candidates are likely to come from a professional services background such as an accountancy firm, outsourcing company or a third party administrator providing similar services. To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- You will be a qualified accountant who has a proven record of accomplishment of dealing with a complex and varying client portfolio.
- Experience of preparation of statutory accounts, VAT and general accounting activities.
- You will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- You must be well organised and able to manage their time effectively.
- You will be good at communicating with Partners, colleagues and clients.
- You must have prior experience of management of a team as well as attending client meetings and running those meetings.It would be helpful if you have prepared accounts under FRS 102 and UK GAAP and LUX GAAP.It would be ideal if prior experience dealing with international clients as well as clients in the art sector.